Independent Home Care for Seniors with Parkinson’s
Home Care for Seniors with Parkinson’s & Companionship, Fully Trained & Certified To Provide Care For You And Your Family.
Parkinson’s disease is a debilitating neurodegenerative condition that unfortunately affects the lives of many senior citizens. With symptoms such as tremor, loss of balance and limb rigidity, many senior Parkinson’s patients and their families often seek professional help for daily care. In-home care may be the best option for senior Parkinson’s patients, as opposed to alternatives like relocation to a nursing home, for many reasons. Benefits include:
- Customized service – Parkinson’s patients require unique care to relieve the many challenges associated with this condition. Home care providers take the time to fully discuss and assess their clients’ needs and customize a care plan specific to their medical condition and lifestyle.
- A sense of independence – Home care allows seniors to maintain their dignity and independence, as the care providers do not interfere with the tasks the Parkinson’s patient is still comfortable doing without support.
- Maximum comfort – Home is where seniors are most comfortable and most likely to thrive. Abandoning their homes to move to a new place can be emotionally troubling, especially for those suffering from a medical condition like Parkinson’s. Home care provides all the essential care without sacrificing the comforts of home and sense of familiarity.
- Valuable relationship with a caregiver – When seniors and their families chose the home care option, they are paired with dedicated care providers who are truly passionate about their medical wellness and happiness. This one-on-one type relationship is often not achievable in nursing homes with large staff.
- Potential cost savings – It may surprise you to learn senior home care is often just as affordable or less expensive than nursing homes, while offering a full suite of professional services.
- Quality family time – A home is filled with memories, and many seniors live in close proximity to their families and loved ones. Home care services do not disrupt time with family or place any limitations on visitors.
Parkinson’s can affect many areas of daily life, including tasks as simple as making meals and getting dressed. Because of this, their care needs can be diverse, unique and wide-ranging in nature. Senior Parkinson’s patients and their families often elect home care for the vast scope of services that are offered on a daily basis. Home care providers not only tend to seniors’ medical needs, but they also support everyday tasks. Home care services include:
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation
- Medication monitoring
- Mobility and exercise support
- Day-to-day medical services
- Emotional support
- Other duties the senior may not be able to perform due to Parkinson’s disease
A Parkinson’s Disease diagnosis can be devastating, but for seniors who suffer from this condition, it does not have to mean uprooting their lives to move to a nursing home. Many families affected by Parkinson’s can benefit from the lifestyle of home care assistance and its many perks compared to other senior care alternatives. Home care providers are trained, highly-skilled and caring professionals who serve as an ally for medical support and home services while preserving seniors’ daily routines, independence, and personal freedom.
A top notch company that cares about its clients. I highly recommend them. Carole and her staff are the best.
I have referred families to Carole McGary many times over the years because I know how honest and ethically she runs her business. I always get excellent feedback from our Kentucky clients about the service they receive from Preferred Private Care when they stay in Florida during the winter. Thank you for all you do!
Preferred Private Care is an excellent private care company. They helped my Grandma before she past away. Thanks a lot
Schedule Your Consultation
Personalized care for your loved one is an important matter and finding the right person can be a frustrating experience. That is why we offer a complimentary evaluation with the family to make sure you are provided with the proper care.